GPG: 481AF0AE/8FCF 5C25 2B65 91E9 D1D8 71BD E874 6802 481A F0AE
Sailthru: Senior Systems Engineer: 01/15 - 12/19
- Replace legacy Chef stack with Ansible+Jenkins
- Automate full stack AWS deployments across multiple VPCs
- Manage 1k+ servers running CentOS; both physical (colo) and virtual (Amazon EC2).
- Design and maintain ELK cluster; focus on storge and document retention.
- Implement site-wide encryption-at-rest using Tang+LUKS
- Support a variety of infrastructure services such as HAProxy, Sensu, DNS, Kickstart, and others.
Reliant: Senior Systems Engineer: 02/09 - 06/14
- Design and build all aspects of configuration management using Puppet; focus on scalability. 
- Prototype a new "on demand" bootstrap using Docker by way of its API.
- Support legacy OpenSolaris footprint with a focus on migrating to Debian GNU/Linux.
- Integrate 24/7 monitoring into configuration management infrastructure. 
- Migrate from Nagios to Sensu for improved monitoring.
- Write various integration tools and scripts to reduce manual labor and automate processes.
24/7 Real Media: Senior Systems Engineer: 11/06 - 02/09
- Automate 500+ servers using Puppet; a free software configuration management solution.
- Provide 24/7 monitoring of application work flow using Cacti and Nagios.
- Move Operations team over to a proper version control system.
- Manage critical services such as LDAP, NFS, Yum, and DNS across multiple data centers.
- Work with development team to automate and monitor all aspects of internally developed applications.
Visual Trading Systems: Linux Systems Administrator: 10/05 - 11/06
- Design highly available messaging solution using Postfix, DBMail, Horde, and Maia MailGuard.
- Support a broad range of production services including Samba, FTP, DNS, DHCP, and CVS.
- Provide virtual hosts as needed via Xen virtualization.
- Replace inefficient documentation practices with ACL-aware web based collaboration tools.
- Overhaul enterprise backup routines of mission critical data.
TransactTools: Systems Engineer: 10/03 - 09/05
- Maintain multiple GNU/Linux server farms offering mail, web hosting, and replication services.
- Maintain all firewalls (Cisco, OpenBSD running pf and pfsync).
- Automate and monitor backups of critical server configurations and data.
- Document existing processes, build procedures, and more for disaster recovery purposes.
FCGMS / New York Presbyterian Hospital: Senior Systems Engineer: 01/97 - 05/03
- Lead Information Security Officer for Back Office systems and processes.
- Implement several GNU/Linux based services including Samba, CUPS, and OpenNMS.
- Support mission critical Document Imaging system running on NT 4.0 platform.
- Presented "Evolution of Scale" at PuppetConf 2012  and "Puppetizing a Segmented Distribution Network" at PuppetConf 2011 .
- Multiple publications in Linux Journal Magazine .
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) & Linux Professional Institute (LPIC 1 & 2) certifications.